Green Warrior Garden Bowl
Over-indulged at Easter? Then try this delicious, light recipe to get your healthy eating plan back on track!
We know it’s near impossible to avoid chocolate over the Easter weekend - we all love to indulge! But if you find yourself with a dizzy head rush induced by one too many Crème Eggs, then you needn’t worry. We have the perfect solution to counteract that chocolate coma and help get your healthy eating plan back on track - a simple recipe that takes no time at all to whip up, with a heavy dose of greens to fuel and reboot your system.
Our Green Warrior Blend is the star of this recipe - boasting at least 80% pure veggies, this lean, green fighting machine will help to aid recovery after Easter weekend feasting. The ingredients found within are bursting with vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients to support the body and keep the heart healthy. Containing Spinach, known for its remarkable abilities to restore energy, a Green Warrior is just what we need to kick-start the week! The abundant addition of superfood Avocado provides a dose of monounsaturated oleic acid, a fatty acid containing high fibre to prevent blood sugar spikes. A Green Warrior to help you cut a fighting figure.
Instead of feeling guilty after Easter indulgence, grab one of our Green Warrior Blends for a hit of veggie goodness – available now via our webstore!
Roots Collective Garden Bowl Recipe
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
½ a bottle (115g) of Roots Collective Green Warrior
100g of dried pasta shapes
50g of halved fine, green beans
50g of halved cherry tomatoes
A handful (10g) of ready-washed rocket and/or spinach leaves
50g of grated parmesan cheese
1. Boil a medium-sized saucepan of water.
2. Add the dried pasta shapes, keeping the water at a simmer until the pasta is almost tender. Check the pack for instructions on timings for your particular pasta.
3. Add the fine, green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes until they are tender.
4. Drain off the water and add the Roots Collective Green Warrior, tomatoes, and half the cheese and the rocket/spinach leaves.
5. Toss the mixture well and garnish with the remaining cheese before serving immediately.
Roots Collective’s Top Tip
Garnish with basil leaves.